Thursday, January 7, 2010

Introducing La Roux

Okay so I love music, adore it really, but then again who doesn't. Despite my passion to get up and boogy to a beat, this blog is not a music blog. It is a fashion blog...

I'd like to introduce to you, La Roux.

So I was playing Tap Tap Revenge 3 on my iPhone (Which is free right now, and more fantastic than I thought it would be. I'm a dork, I know.) and I was going through each song. Most I'd never heard of, and most quite catchy, but one stood out and was particularly fun to tickle my iPhone screen to. Bulletproof by La Roux. I had to check out the video on youtube.








This is where it gets juicy and fabulous! Look at these pics! Elly Jackson is not only a fantastic musician who believes in mystery and androgeny more than networking and mainstream artists, but she has one hell of a wardrobe! This girl is a modern day UK mash of 80's artists. Influences from Mondrian, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Gucci, Madonna and Prince. I love her cameo necklace. It's a bit of contrast to her funky crazy print tights and sneakers. Whether or not her look is her vision, her stylist Nova Dando's, or a mix, she's got my vote! And her poppy 80's style music is definitely going to make you jump up onto your hole-in-the-toe shoes and bounce your recession blues away.

No comments:

Post a Comment