Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Style Rookie Presentation

For my Fashion Marketing class I was put into a group (mine ended up being a pair, Ashli Soto was my partner who worked hard with me on these slides and research) and we were assigned blog sites to present about. Unfortunately, our power point presentation wasn't working, so we presented without it,improvising with the website. It went well. Here is the power point presentation we weren't able to present.




















































































For a school project she recreated designer clothing in miniature sizes. Here are a few, Alexander McQueen's shoes, Comme Les Garcons dress, and a Rodarte dress.

























Tavi only has ads by google on her website which is the case for any blogspot website.






















































































We were asked to also present an article idea for our blogger about Vancouver. Since Tavi is well spoken and well versed on political issues, we think she'd be interested in the recession, the Olypics and the financial strain that might push us Vancouverites to be recessionistas and shop at places like thrift stores, which Tavi loves doing.




Personally I don't take Tavi's personal style very seriously but I think there is definitely something there. As a child I'm sure it's hard to find clothing that fits when you have adult taste. I am super impressed with her ability to research, learn and report. As a student, this is exactly what I am striving to do. She may not be the next Anna Wintour, but I'd interview her for potential jobs in five years.












No comments:

Post a Comment